- Is Jay Z Dropping A New Album Soon?
- Tupac’s Tyson Fight Ticket Up For Auction
- DMX To Release New Music This Year
- Martin Shkreli Says He Obtained “Tha Carter V” Legally
- Mariah Carey’s Humiliating New Year’s Eve Performance And The Sabotage Claims
- George Michael Passes Away At Age 53
- Every Song On J. Cole’s “4 Your Eyez Only” Has Cracked Billboard’s Top 40
- Listen To A Never-Before-Released Tupac Verse From “How Long Will They Mourn Me?”
- The 15 Best Hip-Hop & R&B Album Covers of 2016
- The Game Hosts Anti-Violence Summit In Los Angeles
Jas Prince Files Another Lawsuit Over Drake’s Profits, This Time Against Derrick Lawrence
As Drake drops hit after hit, and snags award after award, there’s one person who should be laughing all the way to the bank because of this but isnt. The guy who helped discover the Canadian emcee- Jas Prince.
In 2008, he plucked Drake from MySpace and introduced him to his-then friend Lil Wayne. He also introduced him to Cortez, Robertson and partner Derrick Lawrence who signed on to manage the rapper and later established Aspire Music Group. Then came the recording deal with Birdman’s Cash Money Entertainment.
According to Prince, Young Money/Cash Money was to pay Aspire 1/3 of it’s Drake profits, Aspire was to keep 1/3, and give the other two-thirds to Jas Prince.
By early 2015, he was filing the 3rd lawsuit to get his cut from Drake’s continuing success. In late 2015 he reached a settlement with Cash Money for an undisclosed amount.
Fast forward to today. In true déjà vu style, he is filing a new lawsuit, this time against Derrick Lawrence, one of the Aspire Music Group co-owners. Prince claims that Lawrence isn’t doing enough to get Young Money to pay up, which leads him to suspect him of foul play.
The problem is that Young Money (Drake’s record label) hasn’t paid Aspire a dime yet – so that means no payday for Prince and he’s in the dark as to why Lawrence hasn’t sued yet. Prince says that their contract requires Aspire to use “best efforts” to get the money.
Sources connected to Prince’s company believe there’s something strange going on, possibly a deal being made on the side with Young Money – leaving Prince the finder beat.
Lawrence says there’s no side deal and Aspire’s received no Drake profits from Young Money. Read more…
- YouTube Fully Available in Germany Once Again! - November 1, 2016
- The Game Hosts Anti-Violence Summit In Los Angeles - July 18, 2016
- Kim Kardashian Leaks Kanye and Taylor Swift Call About “The Life of Pablo” - July 18, 2016
- Statik Selektah x Ras Kass – Promised Land - July 11, 2016
- M.I.A Frustrated, Wants to Leak New Album - July 11, 2016
- Drama Alert: Lil Kim and Azealia Banks Might Be on Celebrity Big Brother - July 11, 2016
- The Game Raises $40,000 For Arkansas Police Officer Community Outreach Plan - July 11, 2016
- Amazon Prime Has More Active Listeners Than Apple/Spotify Combined? - July 11, 2016
- Unreleased Music By Queens Rappers Like Nas, N.O.R.E. and AZ - June 29, 2016
- Problem Ft. 2 Chainz – My Squad - June 29, 2016