- YouTube Unveils New Chat Feature
- Jennifer Lopez Confirms Making Music With Drake
- Why Kanye West Was Not Invited to Perform at Trump’s Inauguration
- UK ISPs to Begin Sending Warning Letters to Suspected File-Sharers
- Is Jay Z Dropping A New Album Soon?
- Tupac’s Tyson Fight Ticket Up For Auction
- DMX To Release New Music This Year
- Martin Shkreli Says He Obtained “Tha Carter V” Legally
- Mariah Carey’s Humiliating New Year’s Eve Performance And The Sabotage Claims
- George Michael Passes Away At Age 53
Kendrick Lamar ‘s New ‘Untitled’ Album Sits Pretty At No. 1 on Billboard 200 Chart
It’s untitled, unmastered and Number 1. By none other than Compton emcee, Kendrick Lamar.
As reported by Billboard, Kendrick Lamar’s Untitled Unmastered jumped to the top of the Billboard 200 after its surprise release, selling 178,000 total copies in the week ending March 10. Out of that, 142,000 were in pure album sales.
This is a second chart topper since January 2015 for the 7-time grammy award winner. Lamar dropped To Pimp a Butterfly in March last year and it debuted at No.1 with 363,000 album units and 324,000 in pure album sales. The only other artists with similarly twice the charm with albums in less than 12 months are our homeboys Drake and Future.
Drake led the list twice in 2015 with If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late and his Future collaboration What a Time To Be Alive. Future took it a step further and notched three No. 1s in less than seven months (between August 2015 and February 2016) with DS2, What a Time To Be Alive and Evol.
Lamar tweeted that Untitled Unmastered consists of “demos from To Pimp a Butterfly. In raw form.” Like the album’s title, its tracks are named unconventionally: “untitled 01 | 08.19.2014.,” “untitled 02 | 06.23.2014.” and so on.
Lamar’s album is flanked by Adele’s 25 at No. 2 after 11 weeks at #1 (61,000 units; down 18 percent) and Rihanna’s Anti at No. 3 (58,000 units; down 18 percent).
But these guys better watch out coz 2 Chainz aint playing! He celebrates his third straight top five album, as ColleGrove – a joint album with hip hop badass Lil Wayne finishes at No. 4 with 53,000 units (and 34,000 in pure album sales).
- YouTube Fully Available in Germany Once Again! - November 1, 2016
- The Game Hosts Anti-Violence Summit In Los Angeles - July 18, 2016
- Kim Kardashian Leaks Kanye and Taylor Swift Call About “The Life of Pablo” - July 18, 2016
- Statik Selektah x Ras Kass – Promised Land - July 11, 2016
- M.I.A Frustrated, Wants to Leak New Album - July 11, 2016
- Drama Alert: Lil Kim and Azealia Banks Might Be on Celebrity Big Brother - July 11, 2016
- The Game Raises $40,000 For Arkansas Police Officer Community Outreach Plan - July 11, 2016
- Amazon Prime Has More Active Listeners Than Apple/Spotify Combined? - July 11, 2016
- Unreleased Music By Queens Rappers Like Nas, N.O.R.E. and AZ - June 29, 2016
- Problem Ft. 2 Chainz – My Squad - June 29, 2016