Waves Audio – makers of some of the best pro audio plugins around – have just released a brand new transient shaper plugin for producers. Smack Attack is a plugin intended to add some additional character to drums, loops, synth hits and other percussive sounds. The plugin allows subtle tweaking to intense shaping of sounds.
Unlike traditional transient shapers, Smack Attack lets you control more than just attack and sustain levels; you also get pinpoint control over the transients’ shape and duration. You can make a kick tighter than you’d ever imagined – or give your snares that extra crack. You also have a Sensitivity control for selective transient shaping: you can process all your transients, only the loudest ones, or anything in between.
The plugin offers a user-friendly interface and graphical display, and zero latency when used in the studio of live settings.
Here are the full set of features:
- ‘Secret weapon’ for mixing drums and all other percussive instruments.
- Unleash or tame transient attack & sustain.
- Fine-tune transient level, shape and duration.
- Real-time graphic wave display.
- Zero latency in the studio or live.
- Limiter/clipper for driving your sound to the limit.
- Sensitivity control for selective transient shaping.
- Wet/Dry mix control for parallel processing.
- MIDI control assignable.
The plugin is available now for $49 USD and comes in VST/AU/AAX formats.
Check out the video below: