Image-Line announced on their blog that FL Studio 12.9.2 BETA 3 has been released for Windows and macOS. The latest beta brings back Graph Editors among other features. Of course, Mac users will be happy to know they’re now able to download and try out FL Studio for Mac.
Story Continues Below
Want to Make Your Own Beats and Songs? Check Out Our Free Ultimate Beginners Guide and Start Making Bangers Today!
Here’s the full list of features in this update according to their announcement:
WHAT’S NEW in FL STUDIO 12.9.1
- Audio Unit (AU) plugins – AU plugins are now supported on macOS. AU plugins will scan, along with VST plugins, using the Plugin Manager.
- Graph Editor – The classic feature is back! Edit note velocity, pitch, pan etc, right from the Channel Rack.
- General settings – ‘Hide plugin toolbars by default’ is now on by default.
- Fruity Reeverb 2 – The same phase is now used for left and right signals for improved sound. Modulation depth and speed maximum has been increased.
- Reset mixer tracks – Right-click option for selected Mixer tracks ‘Reset selected track(s) to default’.
- Piano roll – The root note is more visible with keyboard ‘scale highlighting’ set.
- Hide grouped tracks – New option ‘Playlist Menu > View > Hide collapsed grouped tracks’. When used a small arrow on the right-side of the Track header can be used to show or hide the group.
- Playlist preview – ‘Playlist Menu > View > Mini playlist preview’ is selected by default.
- Playlist Right-click header-menu – Right-click options to ‘Mute all clips’ and ‘Unmute all clips’, to make undo of consolidated tracks faster.
- Fruity Convolver – Added a PDC control, just above the Editor window, to set an impulse’s latency so PDC is correctly applied. Related, there are two new Linear Phase EQ presets, ‘Linear phase EQ (Long compensated) and (Short compensated)’ that make use of this feature.
- VFX Level Scaler – Scale Note Properties as received from the Piano roll. The graph shows input-output mapping for Note – Velocity, Release, Pitch (fine), Pan, Mod X and Mod Y values.
- Audio recording – Multiple takes are grouped when recording.
- Browser – The Drag-and-drop location of samples previews when dragging from the Browser to the Playlist.
- In-App Purchases – When saving using projects with demo plugins or FL Studio upgrade features, its now possible to buy plugins & upgrades from within FL Studio.
- Installation – Option to unlock with a downloaded regcode file in the ‘Help > About’ window.
- Render dialog – New options to ‘Save loop’ and ‘Playlist markers’. Renamed ‘Save Acidized’ to ‘Save tempo information’. Renamed ‘Save slice markers’ to ‘Save note markers’.
- Updated plugins (bug fixes) – BassDrum, Drumaxx, Drumpad, Effector, GMS, Hardcore, MiniSynth, Morphine, PoiZone, Sakura, Sawer and Toxic Biohazard.
- User data changes – Projects and Backup folders are now saved to a ‘FL Studio’ subfolder in the system shared data folders. Win: ‘..\Documents\Image-Line\Data\FL Studio’ folder. macOS:. An ‘Old projects’ points to the legacy location. We recommend moving your projects to the new location.
- ZGameEditor Visualizer – Increased responsiveness to ‘Linear’ peak effect. Color button on HTML tab to paste color into test. HTML text position and size can now be specified in decimals. Copy/paste layer to and from clipboard.
Users can download their copy by visiting this forum thread.