According to a report that was obtained by the Associated Press, iconic musician Prince had “exceedingly high” levels of the deadly pain medication fentanyl in his system when he died.
The cause of death had already been ruled an accidental overdose, but police are reportedly investigating whether anyone should be prosecuted for prescribing dangerous doses of the drug.
According to Complete Music Update:
Commenting on the report, Dr Lewis Nelson of Rutgers New Jersey Medical School called the amount of fentanyl in Prince’s system “a pretty clear smoking gun” with regard to possible liabilities.
The musician’s death sparked a debate about doctors prescribing deadly medications to patients yet again. A similar debate was sparked with the death of Michael Jackson.
Prince dies on April 21st, two years ago. His estate plans to mark the date with various events taking place in Minneapolis and a memorial fence at Paisley Park – the artists home and studio.