Universal Audio – the makers behind the coveted Apollo series of audio interfaces – have just released a new Neve Preamp plug-in. The company says the new offering gives users the clarity, grit and complex class-A saturation of the legendary Neve microphone pre-amplifier.
Owners of any UA DSP hardware can use the plugin to add warmth and saturation to any of their tracks. And although many UAD plugins are known for their need for intense computing and DSP power, the Neve plugin is low-power. Meaning it can be added to whichever tracks a producer needs, without taxing their system too much.
According to Universal Audio via SonicState:
The Neve microphone preamp is an undisputed audio masterpiece, adding the genuine Neve sheen, richness, and thick musical detail to any signal that passes through it. The pinnacle of Neve preamp design is the classic 1073 module with EQ, but Neve also briefly produced the 1290 module — a rare, preamp-only version of the 1073.
Here are the new plugin’s features:
- An authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of the legendary class-A, Neve mic preamp, exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces
- Combines sonic attributes and features of both the coveted 1073 and 1290 designs
- Thoroughly modeled dual-stage “Red Knob” preamp and output amplifier
- Unison technology for UA Audio Interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of the classic Neve preamp, including precise impedance matching
- Lower DSP usage for plug-in instances across multiple channels
The plugin is available now for $149 USD.
Check out the video overview below: